Dr. Julie Curless
|Phone:||(309) 692-4092 x2260|
Attn: Dr. Julie Curless
411 W. Northmoor Road
Peoria, IL 61614
2014 Summer Term (May 19th, 2014–August 10th, 2014)
Number of classes: 5
2014 Fall Term (August 18th, 2014–November 9th, 2014)
Number of classes: 5
* I was born and raised in Peoria, Illinois and currently live in Washington
* I attended St. Vincent De Paul Grade School and Bergan (now Notre Dame) High School
* I earned both bachelors and masters degrees from Bradley University and recently my doctoral degree from Waldenu University - see the education section below
* I have been married since 1999 and had my son in 2002
* I am a HUGE animal lover and an active supporter of the ASPCA, Humane Society of the United States, PETA, etc. I have at least three animals of my own at all times and have rescued and placed 4 kittens/cats in the past 5 years. I really enjoy hearing animal success tales.
* My home church is Faith Christian in Washington
* I have been teaching at Midstate College since 1999 - see work experience below for more information
Ed.d Education - Teacher Leadership, 2012Walden University
M. A. Community Agency Counseling, 1999Bradley University
B. S. Business - Marketing, 1991Bradley University
Midstate College (1999–present)Full-time General Education Instructor
Illinois Central College (1998–1999)Adjunct faculty
Over the course of a year taught classes in study skills development and life span issues.
Caterpillar, Inc. (1998–1999)Corporate Medical Department staff
Hired short-term to help initiate and complete a marketing project for the Healthy Balance Program.
Methodist Hospital (1998–1999)Intern
Completed a required one year non-paid clinical internship for my masters program. Facilitated group counseling in the Partial Hospitalization program.
National Marine Sales (1993–1995)Media Placement Advisor
Consulted with National Marine Sales on all media/advertising placement.
Soderstrom Dermatology Center, S. C. (1993–1997)Education and Marketing Director
Developed and placed all advertising/public relations for Soderstrom Dermatology, Skin Dimensions, and Peoria Ambulatory Surgery Center. In addition, facilitated educational lectures on skin cancer, acne treatment, and other various skin ailments and worked closely with the Psoriasis and Scleroderms support groups.
Adams Outdoor Advertising (1991–1993)Sales/Business Development Manager
Began my marketing career in sales of outdoor billboard advertising. Transitioned into the Business Development Manager while keeping and servicing a few key clients.