Admissions Information for Veterans
If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.
For more information visit www.va.gov.
Programs for Veterans
Midstate College welcomes Veterans from the tri-county area and beyond. The College is approved to offer the following programs through the Illinois Veterans Administration:
- The Post-9/11 Chapter 33 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
- The Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30 - Active Duty
- The Montgomery GI Bill 1606 - Selected Reserve
- The Reserve Education Assistance Program Chapter 1607
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Chapter 31
- Dependents of Veterans Chapter 35
Eligible Veterans Will Need the Following Forms
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Transfer of Eligibility (if benefits have been used at another school)