Tuition, Fees, and Refunds
Tuition Rates, List of Possible Fees, and Refund Policies for Students
- Tuition for 12–19 credit hours per term: $5,410.00 per term
Part-Time Attendance/Single Subject
- Tuition for less than 12 credit hours per term: $381.25 per credit hour
Over Full-Time Attendance
- Administrative approval is required to take over 19 hours of credit.
- Tuition for 20–23 credit hours (5 classes): $6,300.00
- Tuition for 24 credit hours (6 classes): $7,000.00
Tuition is subject to change annually.
International Students, Tuition, Fees and Refunds
For estimated expenses for international students plus tuition, fees, and refund information; and for all degrees, programs, and training course, please contact AMA’s office or its representative.
All tuition costs and fees are payable in full by the first day of each term. Midstate College offers a payment plan to students who are unable to pay the full amount by the due date. Questions concerning this payment plan should be directed to the Financial Assistance Department.
Graduates will not receive a degree, diploma, or official transcript until the balance owed is paid in full. Midstate College reserves the right at the time of registration to require full payment from students who have failed in the past to pay tuition and fees on time.
|Application – upon enrollment (non-refundable)||$25.00|
|Graduation (last quarter only)||$150.00|
|Additional Degree or Diploma (each)||$15.00|
|Cap and Gown for Associate and Diploma||$22.00|
|Cap and Gown for Bachelor Degree||$42.00|
|Single Subject Tuition Deposit||$25.00|
|Course Proficiency Application||$25.00|
|Course Proficiency Credit Award||$125.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Application||$25.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Workshop (optional)||$125.00|
|Prior Learning Assessment Credit Award||$125.00|
|Allied Health Lab||$150.00|
|Stenographic Machine Damage Deposit||$100.00|
|Stenographic Machine Rental (quarterly)||$100.00|
|Realtime Reporting Case CATalyst (Student) Software||$345.00|
|Realtime Reporting My Speedbuilding Resources/EV360 (quarterly)||$180.00|
- Textbook charges are additional for all courses. The average textbook expense per class is $100.00. The Midstate College Bookstore will ship textbooks for an additional $20.00 fee.
- Supplies for all programs average $150.00 per academic year.
- Select courses will be charged an additional $70.00 technology usage fee. This fee will cover software, computer usage, licensure fees, and technical support.
- Medical Assistant, Medical Office Technician, and Pharmacy Technician applicants will be required to have an Illinois State Police background check. Those persons identified on the list will need to meet with the program director prior to admission. The charge for the background check is $35.00 and is the responsibility of the student. Uniforms, immunizations, and blood pressure kit related to the Medical Assistant program average approximately $400.00 and are the student’s expenses. Supplies and expenses related to the Medical Assistant program average approximately $338.00 per academic year. A drug test may be requested prior to the externship in Medical Assistant and Pharmacy Technician programs, the cost is $55.00 and will be the student’s expense.
- All students entering the Medical Coding and Billing program and Health Information Technology program must have an Illinois State Police background check. Those persons identified on the list will need to meet with the program director prior to admission. The charge for the background check is $35.00 and is the responsibility of the student. Students enrolled in the Medical Coding and Billing program and Health Information Technology program may be required by Professional Practice Experience host sites to have an additional background check, immunizations, physical examination, drug screening, and uniforms. These expenses will be the responsibility of the student. Health Information Technology students will be required to enroll as student members through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Membership dues for students are $49.00 and may be incorporated into financial aid. For additional details, see the AHIMA Store.
- Stenographic machine rentals are available to on-campus Realtime Reporting Machine Shorthand Theory I and II students only. Students will be expected to rent from another source or purchase a realtime stenographic machine approximately six months after entering the Realtime Reporting program. Realtime Reporting students who do not attend on-campus courses their first quarter must purchase their own steno machines that meet certain specifications. More information is available about options for renting and purchasing realtime stenographic machines through the Bookstore.
- All Realtime Reporting students must own or purchase a laptop that meets specifications for the current Case CATalyst (Student) Software. Windows operating system is preferred over Mac. Specifications can be obtained from the Midstate Bookstore or Stenograph.
- Realtime Reporting students who take theory, speedbuilding, or skills classes via eLearning are required to purchase a license or subscription for the current Case CATalyst (Student) Software. The software license can be purchased through the Midstate College Bookstore. Once purchased, Midstate College will contact Stenograph to initiate the transfer of the license from the College to the student, at which point the software can be installed and activated on the student’s computer. Subscriptions can be obtained directly from Stenograph.
Tuition Refunds and Return to Title IV Refunds
It is strongly recommended that a student desiring to drop a course(s) consult with his or her program director and financial assistance prior to making a final decision. The student is required to notify either his or her program director or the Student Records Office of his or her intent to drop. Official notification may be made verbally or in writing. Lack of attendance does not constitute an official drop.
A course(s) which is officially dropped during week one (days 1-7) of the term will be deleted from the student’s record and tuition and financial assistance will be adjusted accordingly.
For additional information regarding refunds, please see pages 36–38 of the Midstate College Catalog.